Homepage LearnDash Community Forums General (free) Filter category with [learndash_course_grid]

• Filter category with [learndash_course_grid]

Posted by Guillaume on Jul 12, 2022 at 1:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if it was possible to filter by course category directly in [learndash_course_grid] shortcode ?

Thanks !

Guillaume replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Dave Warfel

Administrator
    Jul 13, 2022 at 1:02 am

Hi Guillaume,

Yes, this is possible. You can use the ld_course_category parameter like this:

[learndash_course_grid ld_course_category="cat-slug"]
    • Guillaume

Jul 13, 2022 at 2:33 am

Hello Dave, I appreciate the support!

Howerver, it’s still not working for me. I have courses with Live category and courses with Replay category ; but I can’t filter on my Live category (slug: live). I’ve tried to put all my Live courses with Live category as principal but it’s still not working.

Here is my shortcode :

[learndash_course_grid skin="grid" card="grid-2" thumbnail_size="large" orderby="title" order="ASC"  ld_course_category="live"]

Thank you !

• Dave Warfel

Administrator
    Jul 14, 2022 at 9:58 am

That looks like the correct syntax.

I found all those parameters in the LearnDash code so I think they should work, but LearnDash doesn’t document them anywhere, so I would reach out to LearnDash support and ask about parameters for the new grid shortcode.

• Guillaume

Jul 15, 2022 at 4:36 pm

Thank you for your help!

I stay tuned.

• Guillaume

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:28 am

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any update ?

Thank you.

• Dave Warfel

Administrator
      Aug 1, 2022 at 7:49 am

Were you waiting on me for something? In my last post, I was suggesting that you reach out to LearnDash support, ask about course grid parameters, and see if they knew why they weren’t working for you.

Sorry if I made it sound like I was going to do that.

• Guillaume

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:12 pm

Yeah I misunderstood lol. But I finally got the support.

Here is the correct syntax :

[learndash_course_grid skin="grid" card="grid-2" thumbnail_size="large" orderby="title" order="ASC" taxonomies="ld_course_category:live;"]

Thanks !

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Be Kind & Patient

We’re here to learn and/or help each other. Please don’t be mean, rude, or condescending. Treat all members the way you should be treating dogs and your elders—with the utmost love & respect.

External Links

✅ Other websites that add value, help solve problems & contribute to the discussion. ❌ Affiliate links are prohibited. (Site owners may use affiliate links to help support the site.)

Promotion

✅ You may promote your own products/services if they are relevant to an existing discussion. You must disclose your relationship with the product(s).
❌ You may not create new posts simply to promote your products.

Non-LearnDash Topics

❌ General (free) Forum: Only LearnDash-specific topics are allowed.
✅ Premium Forums: You are allowed to post other questions tangentially related to LearnDash. Please use the appropriately named forum. If it doesn’t exist, use the “LearnDash Integrations” forum.

Our Right to Remove

We reserve the right to remove any content, at any time, for any reason. We can also merge one post with another. We will exercise caution when removing content and always try to provide an explanation.